Co-Directors of The Good Deed Corps
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due: May 12, 2023
Start date: Jun 1, 2023
The Good Deed Corps believes that a nation is made stronger when more of its citizens participate in the civic process. We encourage and inspire citizens in overlooked and under-resourced communities to register to vote, vote, and encourage their friends and family to do the same.To accomplish this, we bring food, fun, passionate, and knowledgeable staff and volunteers from the communities they’re serving to meet would-be voters where they are and engage them in relaxed nonpartisan conversations. We provide a grassroots, wrap-around, year-round, culturally relevant civic engagement operation that removes every obstacle between an eligible voter and the ballot box. Texas Turnout is a nonpartisan voting engagement and outreach coalition of nonprofits established to increase youth voter turnout in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) of Texas. Texas Turnout is a campaign of The Good Deed Corps 501(c)3.
The Campaign Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Texas Turnout Campaign and Coalition. They work closely with the board of directors and coalition partners to develop and implement strategies for turning out voters in the Rio Grande Valley, managing coalition partners, managing staff, recruiting volunteers, managing a campaign budget, managing data, attracting voters’ attention through a framework of cultural competence and social justice, and getting out the vote on Election Day. The Campaign Manager will work with The Good Deed Corps partners and consultants on research, communications, and the production of local events and canvasses to ensure the effective roll out of campaign initiatives and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Facilitate Coalition meetings and Subcommittee meetings; prepare, organize, lead, take and disseminate minutes
● Conduct research to expand our coalition partners
● Build and implement campaign strategies such as where to hold rallies or other events to reach target audiences
● Work with program partners to execute registration and voting events; ex. Party to the Polls; High School registration
● Work with Regional Field Coordinator and all staff to foster strong relationships with school administrators and consistent booking of voter education presentations throughout the academic year
● Work with local artists to translate campaign plans through meaningful graphic designs
● Communicate with Texas Turnout supporters to keep them informed of campaign activities; draft e-blasts with programmatic updates and fundraising actions as well as craft monthly newsletters
● Manage social media with content (photos from events, etc.) and copy to externally share Texas Turnout’s work across GDC social media platforms
● Coordinate communications between all Texas Turnout coalition members, volunteers, and stakeholders to ensure effective communication within the campaign team
● Work with local news and radio stations to increase awareness of Texas Turnout events such as Vote Fest; be prepared to be interviewed in both English and Spanish
● Provide grant writer with program impact narrative reports and monthly data reports to identify all campaign outputs (Voter Registrations, Pledge to Votes, # of Events)
Admin and Operations:
● Maintain GDC Google Drive of administrative and program specific documents
● Prepare and implement a campaign plan
● Manage the campaign budget; execute vendor and consultant agreements and payments
● Work with board monthly on grant reporting requirements
● Maintain and disseminate meeting minutes to coalition partners
● Ability to track and report data in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner
● Work with Website Designer to update Texas Turnout website content
● Track weekly and monthly metrics of Voter Registration event outputs in relation to quarterly goals
● Participate in trainings, summits, and networking events
● Supervise, support, meet with, and manage all staff with proper documentation of staff goals
● Seek local funding partners and opportunities and bring to Directors and board.
● A bachelor’s degree from a college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; Spanish language fluency required
● Strong problem-solving skills and strategic macro level thinking
● Great organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
● Ability to implement a voter contact plan – experience managing calendar, planning and attending relevant events
● Remain nonpartisan when representing Texas Turnout
● Must be extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
● Ability to manage several ongoing projects as they pertain to the campaign
● Experience with data collection
● Experience with event planning
● Experience in voter registration and get-out-the-vote events
● Experience with e-news platforms (constant contact, Mailchimp, etc.) strongly preferred.
● Experience with design platforms like Canva strongly preferred.
● Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suites.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is partially a work from home position that requires reliable internet and phone services.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance and/or have access to a vehicle and/or public transportation during work hours to lead and attend events in Rio Grande Valley.
● Must obtain or maintain an account with a financial institution for direct invoice payments
Good Deed Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. The Good Deed Corps prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, cultures, religion, immigration status, veteran status, political beliefs, sexual identity, ability/disability, and health/mental health status in all its programs and activities, not only in respect to employment practices but also in the delivery of services.
The Good Deed Corps agrees to compensate a full time employee at the rate of $4000-5800 per month. Payment execution to be negotiated. This agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties and shall remain in effect until June 1, 2024 with the option to renew this contract. This agreement may be terminated or renegotiated by either party with 21 days written notice by email or postal mail to the other party.