Regional Field Coordinator
$3400 salary + $100 expense stipend $3500 monthly
Full-time 40 hours
The Good Deed Corps believes that a nation is made stronger when more of its citizens participate in the civic process. We encourage and inspire citizens in overlooked and under-resourced communities to register to vote, vote, and encourage their friends and family to do the same.To accomplish this, we bring food, fun and passionate, knowledgeable volunteers to meet would-be voters where they are and engage them in relaxed nonpartisan conversations. Our pilot programs in Atlanta, Savannah, and rural Georgia helped turnout a record number of voters in the U.S. Senate runoffs in Georgia 2020. We are now bringing the same energy, dedication, and resources to Texas’ Rio Grande Valley (a State 47th is the nation in voter participation) to help set new records of voter turnout and engagement in 2022 and 2024.
The Regional Field Coordinator is responsible for managing, coordinating, and scheduling youth voter engagement events. Most importantly, they supervise and schedule community field organizers and complete weekly check-in meetings and bi-weekly team meetings. They work closely with the Campaign Manager and coalition partners to schedule and strategize community events.
Applicants who complete the January 19, 2023 Hidalgo County Deputy Training at 6:00pm will be given priority in the application process. The application for deputization is due on January 13, 2023. Find details here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Register voters in Hidalgo County and Cameron County.
• Train with the local election office(s) to become a certified Voter Deputy Registrar.
• Responsible for submitting voter registration forms to county elections in compliance with county guidelines.
• Manage part-time staff dedicated to voter outreach.
• Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations and allies in the community.
• Engage with registered voters to pledge to vote in all upcoming elections.
• Be prepared to share out updates at weekly virtual coalition meetings.
• Lead, take notes, and coordinate weekly virtual high school and community event subcommittee meetings
• Be available to support emergency coverage of high school voter registration events through Hidalgo county and Cameron county.
• Remain non-partisan at all times when engaging with the community.
• Have proficiency in some Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Google products.
• Ability to accurately enter data.
• Bilingual Spanish and English communication skills.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Have good organizational and time management skills.
• Have the ability to perform well under tight deadlines.
• Have the ability to work individually and as a team.
• Have the ability to follow our policies and procedures.
• Have the ability to maintain a good attendance track record.
This is a field position that requires access to a vehicle.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance and/or have access to a vehicle and/or public transportation during work hours to pick up pledge to vote cards and voter registration if needed.
• Must obtain or maintain an account with a financial institution for direct invoice payments.
Good Deed Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. Good Deed Corps prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, cultures, religion, immigration status, veteran status, political beliefs, sexual identity, ability/disability, and health/mental health status in all its programs and activities, not only in respect to employment practices but also in the delivery of services.
The Good Deed Corps agrees to compensate a part time employee at the rate of $3500 monthly.
Payment execution to be negotiated. This agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties and shall remain in effect until June 1, 2023 with the option to renew this contract. This agreement may be terminated or renegotiated by either party with 14 days written notice by email or postal mail to the other party.